As the semester winds down, it is easy to fall victim to anxiety and burnout. Below are a few tips on how to make sure that finals go as smoothly as possible.
- Get sleep- During this time of year, it is easy to get exhausted. Making sure to get the recommended seven hours of sleep is crucial to success in finals.
- Take time for yourself- Sometimes this step is forgotten as many get caught up in making sure they get that A. However, taking a break to watch your favorite Netflix show or visit your favorite Nashville spot goes a long way toward succeeding at this time of year.
- Use your resources- At Lipscomb University there are many different services to help get through this final stretch. Talking to friends and family members can also be helpful.
- Keep your foot on the gas- It is easy at this point to be satisfied with where you are and not make that final push to get a higher grade. However, taking that extra time can be the difference maker from a C to a B or a B to an A.
- Study, study, study- It may seem cliché to say this, but prioritize going to a space that works well for you to get studying done. This step will look different for everyone, so make the best decision for yourself.
- Understand you’ll be fine- At the end of the day, finals are not life and death. If these steps are followed, they will go a long way to reaching success in the last stage of the semester.
Now good luck and ace those finals!